AUGUSTINE, FL. (September 23, 2015) — For its 10th anniversary, the EthicMark® Awards finalists are outstanding! With finalists in each of two categories – non-profit and for-profit – the EthicMark® is proud to present high-caliber campaigns from around the world.
This year’s winners will come from this stellar pool of international finalists:
Link to For-Profit Category
- Ferrero, Who Are You?, Middle East
- Joalheria Montecristo, Agua uma Joia (water is a jewel), Brazil
- Lucky Iron Fish, Cambodia
- Unilever, #BrightFutureSpeeches, Netherlands
- Whisper, Touch the Pickle, India
Link to Non-Profit Category
- Ad Council, Love Knows No Labels, USA
- Center for Science in the Public Interest, Change the Tune, USA
- Foundation for Fundamental Rights, Not a Bug Splat, Pakistan
- Fundacion Argentina De Transplante Hepatico, The Man and the Dog, Argentina
- org, Ordering Pizza, USA
Tweet your favorites: @ethicalmarkets #EthicMark
The EthicMark® Awards serve as a “carrot” to cajole the $500 billion annual global advertising and media industry into more creative, positive approaches. As the likes of AdBlockPlus and PageFair grapple with more and more users opting out of ads on PC and mobile devices, one remedy is to “change the tune” – offer advertising which meets high EthicMark® standards with messaging beneficial to and welcomed by the public.
“Advertising has the potential to inspire, focus on human potentials while furthering both public and legitimate private interests beyond consumerism,” says Hazel Henderson, EthicMark® founder and Ethical Markets Media CEO. The 2014 EthicMark® Awards went to Unsung Hero from Thai Life Insurance, Thailand, and Liter of Light from ALiterofLight.org, Philippines. Watch the video highlights of past winners.
Unlike other advertising and marketing awards, EthicMark® award-winning companies are recognized for 1) the creativity of their message, 2) the value of the product or service AND 3) the quality of the company culture. This all-encompassing standard ensures the integrity of the Awards and the esteem accruable to winners’ reputations.
Judges’ criteria include: truthfulness; portrayal of healthy lifestyles and behaviors; high standards of responsibility and trustworthiness; respect for diversity and human rights; and avoiding sordid, sensationalist or degrading depictions. Winners model and publicize the value of ethical markets while simultaneously promoting what is profitable for business, society and the planet. The list of internationally respected judges is available at http://www.ethicmark.org/ethicmark-judges-panel/.
Comments from judges include:
- “Powerful stories with the ability to capture the attention of an even wider audience since the issues highlighted are cross cutting.” Eric Chinje, CEO, African Media Initiative, Nairobi, Kenya
- “Examples of the right use of branding for marketing classes.” Michelle Mosser, Principal, BrandNature, USA
- “I feel inspired to share these ads with others. Through watching the ads together, we are able to have some very meaningful life discussions.” Seana Steffen, Executive Director, Restorative Leadership Institute, USA
The annual EthicMark® Awards are presented in partnership with: ESPM, noted school of communication, marketing and business management in Brazil; GlobeScan; TBLI; Sustainable Brands; Where Good Grows and Tomorrow’s Company. Winners will be announced at the SRI Conference, November 3, 2015.
About Ethical Markets Media
Ethical Markets Media (USA and Brazil) is a micro-multinational social enterprise, Certified B Corporation, with the mission of reforming markets and metrics while helping accelerate and track the transition to the green economy worldwide with the Green Transition Scoreboard®, Ethical Biomimicry Finance® Transforming Finance TV Series and research and daily news at www.ethicalmarkets.com.
Rosalinda Sanquiche, Executive Director, Ethical Markets Media; Managing Director, EthicMark® Awards, 904-829-3140 or firstname.lastname@example.org